I wonder if Congress would consider creating a longer day, specifically for entrepreneurs. I recall 27 hours would be enough.

I don't demand the extra time to become more stuff done so much as I need information technology to really get enough rest after my day ends sometime betwixt in the evening.

I'thousand at that stage of starting a business concern where my to-do listing is long and everything on information technology should be at the top. I'd try reading up on time direction and organization tricks, but they won't change the ungainly book of necessary piece of work, so why bother with the lark? Some the items at the top of my list:

  • I have a growing list of people interested in marketing and promotional partnerships with me. I have to study up on what to offer and how to write proper proposals. So I take to write the proposals. These relationships tin can be big steps in growing traffic and directly revenue.
  • I take a series of people I've approached about guest blogs and I need to follow up with them. This will simultaneously save me work (writing blogs) and increase my exposure.
  • I have to resume my search for a partner to handle some of the concern-side stuff.
  • I accept to cleave out more time for marketing and promotion. I've washed well spreading the discussion about FamiliesGo! in travel circles but need to brand ameliorate inroads to parenting websites and magazines.
  • I have to revisit a video tutorial I have on adding widgets to new web pages. I'one thousand sitting on content for my hotel guide considering I can't figure out how to add sidebars as I add new sections and the pages look empty-headed and don't office properly without them.
  • I take endless new content to add to the site. New material gives people a reason to keep coming back.

All these things could hands go along me busy until 11 p.m. every nighttime. But I know from my former corporate job that I'one thousand more of a sprinter than a long-altitude runner. As well many tardily nights but makes me exhausted and sloppy.

I'm learning what I do well at nighttime when I'm tired and what has to happen during the 24-hour interval when I'one thousand sharpest. Only I'1000 likewise learning that since work never ends, at some signal you lot just have to leave something unfinished, make your to-do list for the side by side day, and shut downwards the laptop. And really, that hour might as well exist a sane one.

I endeavour to go on late evenings to 3 or four a week and to phone call information technology quits on those nights by 9 p.thousand. This lets me toss in a Mad Men DVD for an hour, air current down, and really get a good night's sleep. This in turn makes information technology more likely that I'll wake up early on and do yoga, which improves my focus and momentum. I tin can prioritize better and focus on the important piece of work rather than the easiest work, a habit that'southward easy to fall into when I'thou tired.

Information technology takes a sure corporeality of field of study to telephone call it a day when in that location are still things you desire to do. It's not easy and I don't always manage information technology. Only the day isn't actually going to get longer and that to-do listing isn't likely to get shorter anytime soon. Focus, momentum, and rest are the best tools I have for keeping it under control. For the time existence, I'll accept them.